Saturday, May 16, 2009

Great Ocean Walk

My first night on the trail will commence on 30th of June. I have 7 nights booked through Parks Victoria at the following locations:
Elliot Ridge
Blanket Bay
Cape Otway
Aire River
Johanna Beach
Ryans Den
Devils Kitchen
The walk is about 100kms which if you do the maths is an easy 12.5 km a day when compared to the Bibbulmun which for me was 25km per day. I would welcome people to walk with. If interested contact me via email at d.a.haliczer@stpeters.qld.edu.au
This is short notice but if anyone is interested I also have walks planned for Cape to Cape in WA from late September to early October and South West Cape Circuit in Tas in January.

2 comments:

Frank and Sue said...

Hi Hal,
Great time of the year to do the GOW. Not many (any) people around and the Ocean should be really wild an woolly!
I look forward to reading your trip report
Frank (btw, are you living near Geelong?)

David Haliczer said...

Hi Frank and Sue,

I live in South East Queensland but my preference is for the kind of walk the GOW offers particularly that time of year. So my long distance trips tend to be mostly in Vic and Tasmania

Regards,

Hal